Have you ever heard the saying ” Start out like you can hold out”? Often times in relationships or marriages the flame may burn out but you have to think of ways to keep things fun and exciting. Now let’s think back to when you met your significant other. You probably went out to eat, to the movies, to the park and things of that nature but as time went on you stopped doing those things right? Have you ever thought… why do we not go on dates anymore? This was a question I asked myself 2 years ago and my answer was… I got tired of going to the same places and doing the same things. Don’t get me wrong, each place that I visit with my husband is special to me but let’s be real, doing the same things over and over gets tiresome so here are some date night ideas that my husband and I have come up with that we enjoy and we hope that you’ll enjoy as well.
1. Movie Night Your Place: Catching a movie at a theater is fun but it is also expensive. Set up the theater in your living room, pick a good movie, pop some popcorn, turn off the lights and ENJOY! You can’t cuddle in those hard seats at the theater, but you can do so much more in the privacy of your home. That’s more exciting than a movie theater right?
2. Picnic- You can never go wrong with a picnic. Pack a basket of you and your significant other’s favorites, meet somewhere nice and quiet with an amazing view and play soft sweet music on your phone from Pandora while you enjoy each other.
3. Park and Play- You’re never too old to be a kid so go to a park and play with each other. Take turns swinging and pushing each other, chase each other around the park and slide down the slides. BE A BIG KID. You’ll enjoy the laughter, the air, the moment. It’s fun trust me!
4. Candlelight Dinner- Going out to your favorite restaurant is cool but sometimes you just need that one on one time with your mate. No more long waits and stalling with appetizers at your fav restaurant, plan a romantic candlelight dinner AT HOME. Cook for each other or cook together (teamwork), light candles, drink wine and try new recipes.
5. Card Games/Board Games- Are you and your S/O competitive? If you’re anything like my husband and I; we compete at everything and we use sex or sexual acts as rewards LOL (TMI…) There’s a card game we like to play called 5000. First person to 5000 wins and the loser has to perform something sexual that the other likes so enjoy your game because it takes a while to finish; and then ENJOY EACH OTHER because somebody has to lose 🙂
These are a few of my date night ideas. What are some of your date night ideas? Feel free to share them below!